start

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend was a lot of fun for this little LeSueur family! It was a much needed four day weekend and we were able to spend a lot of good quality family time together.  On Friday we made the trip over to Pearl Harbor and took the free tour out to the USS Arizona memorial. It was such a beautiful location and it was hard to imagine such sad events happening there.  Overall the trip was a very humbling experience.
 
Inside the USS Arizona memorial we even found a Hickman listed (Hickman is my maiden name) However, afterwards I spoke with my grandma and she informed me that we are not aware of any relation to  the A.L. Hickman who was listed, so maybe we are distantly related, but were not really sure. 

Later in the weekend to pay tribute to the event as well as to help us understand Pearl Harbor a little better we watched the Movie Pearl Harbor. I hadn’t ever seen the movie the whole way through, but I was glad that I finally did especially after visiting the memorial.

Monday/ Labor Day we went to Waimanalo beach with some friends we’ve made in our ward. This beach is defiantly my favorite beach we’ve been to so far. There is a small forest just before you hit the beach which provides shade for the babies and the sand there is the best sand I’ve ever walked on. The water was the perfect temperature and we were able to borrow some body boards and enjoy the waves together while Benson napped. It was such a fun day and it was really nice being able to get together with other young couples in our ward and area.
 
Oh yeah someone also brought their surf boards and they were doing free surf lessons. While Ben was out in the water I volunteered him for a lesson. He did great and got up on his first try! Unfortunately I think that was one of the only times he got up, but I was still so proud of him for trying and embracing the experience! Sadly I didn’t get very many pictures because my phone was on the brink of death and we forgot our digital camera. :/  But here are a few shots that we did get from our beloved Labor Day beach trip!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment