So how has life been so far this October? Its been Awesome! Here are some of the highlights thus far:
October 1st and 2nd
Our month started off by watching and enjoying General Conference! It was amazing! The Last Saturday in September Kicked conference off when I went to the General relief society meeting. It was absolutley Fantastic! Then a week later I was able to enjoy all four regular sessions of conference in either the comfort of my own home or with my family. I really enjoyed the speakers talks, they really touched my heart and gave me the renewed strength I was seeking from conference!
On October 5th
Ben took the GRE (General Record Examination) which is pretty much like and ACT or SAT score that schools look at when you apply for Grad school. We were both pretty nervous about the test in the the last few days leading up to the test, but thankfully Ben has actually been feeling really good and confident about how he did, and that alone makes me happy! I know he did GREAT! However, we won't actually find out his score until sometime next month in November. He has already had one school sned him an email and try to recruit him because of his score on the GRE, so hopefully that means he did really well! Lets keep our fingers crossed though and I will let everyone know when we find out sometime next month!
![]() |
| Ben Gettin into the Halloween spirit :) |
October 14th
Ben’s Youngest brother Chris (the baby of the family) got his mission call last Friday! It was so exciting! We all made guesses and went over to his house along with a MILLION of his friends when he opened his call. My guesses were Philadelphia, or Peru. Ben guessed Honduras or Alabama/ “The South”. and guess where he is going….. Drum roll please…….. Tennessee Knoxville Mission (Ben was the closest out of everyone because part of the mission extends into part of Alabama) he reports Jan 4th to the Provo MTC! Were so excited for him!October 15th
My dad's train club “MLS” had their semi-annual train meet past weekend, so Ben and I went out there on Saturday and spent some time with my dad. We rode around the tracks for a while and then we all went to dinner! It was a good experience! It’s obviously not something I want to do every week, but it was a nice way to spend a Saturday evening and it was nice to spend time with my dad on his own turf in a place that he loves!
October 16th
LastSunday I morning got pretty crafty and made myself some cute little pumpkin decorations to decorate my house for fall. Here’s a picture of the finished project! They are not perfect and not exactly super pumpkin shaped, but I made them all on my own without any real help. I basically only had a picture frim facebookto go off of so I am pretty darn satisfied wit how they turned out!
October 15th16th and 18th
Sunday was also my good friend Karen Hansen’s 22nd Birthday! Lucky me I got to spend some good quality time with her on Saturday and on Tuesday the two of us along with three other friends all went out to dinner to celebrate. It was good having a get together like that! And the food at Tia Rosa’s was Delicious!!!! Mmm J
Those are pretty much all of the major highlights that I can think of at the moment! I am sure there are still more exciting things to come before we enter November though. I hope you guys are all enjoying October as much as I am!
-Lauri





Cute pumpkins! I made those too! You can check out We are a happy family! to see mine if you want. Sounds like you are having an eventful month!
ReplyDelete